The Traveling Chapter
BAAHGS members think of themselves as the “Traveling Chapter” as we have visited many places for the purposes of research and continuing education:
- Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, New York, New York
- Allen County Public Library Genealogy Center, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- State Library and Archives, Charleston, South Carolina
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Family Research Centers in Maryland and Pennsylvania
- National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
- National Museum of the United States Air Force, Riverside, Ohio
- Maryland State Archives, Annapolis, Maryland
- Sotterley Plantation in Southern Maryland where our founder’s ancestors were once enslaved
For 11 consecutive years, we have journeyed to Richmond, spending three or four days researching at the Virginia State Library and the Virginia Historical Society. Usually, we travel collectively to AAHGS conferences.
Select an image below to view the image gallery for each trip.