To view surnames, you may do any of the following:
- Select a row to view additional information, if any
- Sort the list by selecting the column header
- Search in any field by entering a keyword
- Change the fields to be searched by selecting the down arrow
Email an Excel file saved in .csv format to firstname.lastname@example.org to submit surnames. If you are using a Mac, please Export to Excel before sending your file. All information submitted in the file will be posted on the website.
At the top of your spreadsheet, use the column headers below. * means required. Optional cells may be left blank.
Repeat surname details in different rows, if:
- There is more than one way to spell the surname (e.g., Douglas and Douglass)
- The people with that surname lived in more than one location (e.g., Baltimore City and Baltimore County)
- There are different beginning or ending years for a surname or location (e.g., between 1900 and 1920, and between 1940 and the present)
Should you have information that pertains to a surname listed, send email directly to the researcher at the email address provided.