Members of BAAHGS share the surnames they are researching and although surnames may be shared by people who are not related, we have found relationships among members.
View SurnamesTo view surnames, you may do any of the following:
- Select a row to view additional information, if any
- Sort the list by selecting the column header
- Search in any field by entering a keyword
- Change the fields to be searched by selecting the down arrow
Submit SurnamesEmail an Excel file saved in .csv format to email@example.com to submit surnames. If you are using a Mac, please Export to Excel before sending your file. All information submitted in the file will be posted on the website. At the top of your spreadsheet, use the column headers below. * means required. Optional cells may be left blank.
- There is more than one way to spell the surname (e.g., Douglas and Douglass)
- The people with that surname lived in more than one location (e.g., Baltimore City and Baltimore County)
- There are different beginning or ending years for a surname or location (e.g., between 1900 and 1920, and between 1940 and the present)